Bowen University, a licensed private institution established in July 2001, is owned by the Nigerian Baptist Convention.
The university holds has strong commitment to excellence and infuses a profound moral dimension, instilling Godly values into tertiary education both in Nigeria and beyond.
Exciting opportunities for qualified candidates to join the teaching and non-teaching staff in the following position are:
Position: Associate Professor – Medical Laboratory Science
Job Title: Associate Professor (BUSS 14) – Medical Laboratory Science
Location: Iwo, Osun
College: Health Sciences
Programme: Medical Laboratory Science
Qualifications and Experience:
We are seeking an Associate Professor for the Medical Laboratory Science program with the following qualifications:
- Hold a B.MLS Degree from either Bowen University or any other accredited University, along with AIMLT or AIMLS/AMLSCN registration in each of Clinical Chemistry, Medical Microbiology, Haematology, and Histopathology.
- Possess a current practicing License issued by the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Hold an M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of teaching and research experience at the Associate Professor level, or five (5) years at the Senior Lecturer level in a university or a comparable institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrate evidence of ongoing research and scholarly publications in reputable journals.
- Show administrative and professional experience in a routine hospital diagnostic laboratory.
Salary and Conditions of Services:
Bowen University offers a unique remuneration package, similar to that of other tertiary institutions. As a fully residential institution, all staff members are required to reside within Iwo or Ogbomoso, as may be applicable.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 typed copies of their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to the email address: [email protected], following the specified format below:
- Full Names: (Surname first in capital, followed by a comma and other names not in capital letters except for the first letter)
- Date of Birth
- Local Government of Origin
- State of Origin
- Religion / Denomination
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Home/Postal Address
- Telephone Number/Whatsapp Number
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Name of Spouse
- Address of Spouse
- Telephone Number/Whatsapp Number of Spouse
- Number of Children with ages
- Name, Address, and GSM Number of Next of Kin (other than spouse)
- Post Applied For
- Programme Applied Into
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualification(s) (with dates)
- Professional Qualification(s) and Diploma(s) (with dates)
- Scholarships, Fellowship, and Prizes (with dates in respect of Undergraduate and Postgraduate work only)
- Details of Teaching / Working Experience:
- Previous Teaching, Administrative, and Managerial Work Experience
- Work Experience at other University (Specify)
- Course Taught at other Universities following from (b)
- Graduate study supervision
- Honors and Distinctions
- Membership Of Learned Societies/Professional Bodies
- In progress
- Dissertation and Thesis
- Books already published
- Chapters in Books already published
- Articles that have appeared in learned journals
- Manuscripts accepted for publication
- Articles that have appeared in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Major conferences attended in the last five years with papers presented
- Technical Reports
- Services to Humanity
- Referees: Names and addresses of three referees (two of whom must be authorities in the candidate’s field of study) who should forward reports directly to the Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo.
Candidates should submit their Applications in a sealed envelope indicating at the top right corner, the position applied for, and address it to:
P.M.B. 284 Iwo,
Application Deadline: 15th August 2023.