Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital is a comprehensive tertiary healthcare facility with nine floors, offering a wide range of medical services. Our journey as a healthcare provider began in March 2006, with the establishment of the Cardiac Centre in Victoria Island, in association with the renowned Cromwell Hospital in London.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity and are looking for a skilled Perioperative Nurse to join our team.
Job Location: The position is based in Lagos.
As a Perioperative Nurse, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a high standard of care by monitoring up to 95% of high-risk inpatient cases to undergo safety checks before surgery. These checks include pre-op assessments, blood test results, and confirmation of informed consent.
- Identifying causes of inefficiencies and recurring problems in the system, and providing recommendations for remedial actions in accordance with CQI procedures.
- Maintaining losses of theatre instruments and assets to less than 2%.
- Properly identifying all patients during shift duties.
- Enforcing the use of surgical marking before surgery when appropriate.
- Ensuring at least 90% compliance with all handwashing and infection control processes.
- Investigating and documenting all incidents within 24 hours.
- Ensuring all patients are adequately prepared and cleared by accounts before surgery.
- Establishing a 100% compliant recovery room procedure for major surgery cases that have undergone inhalational anesthetic agents or conscious sedation.
- Timely replacement of emergency drugs on the crash cart.
- Actively participating in the Theatre users committee as required.
- Ensuring the appropriate pre-operative checks have been carried out before surgery.
- Ensuring the availability of correct instruments for use.
- Contributing to the success of quality improvement projects.
- Overseeing infection control activities within the theatre suite as needed.
- Establishing a specimen error-free transfer system to the lab after surgeries.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and respecting patient rights.
- Writing reports and updating records before completing a shift.
To be eligible for this role, you should have:
- A minimum of RN / post basic Perioperative Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing or university.
- Basic Life Support certificate (mandatory).
- ACLS certificate would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected], using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.