EHA Clinics, a branch of eHealth Africa, manages a network of healthcare facilities spanning across Nigeria. They are dedicated to providing top-notch, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services to ensure the delivery of high-quality healthcare.
Our clinics offer a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art healthcare services, including general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services such as urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Job Position: Registered Nurse
Job Location: Lugbe, Abuja
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Nursing Reports to: Senior Manager, Nursing Services
As a Registered Nurse at EHA Clinics, you will provide direct and indirect care to assigned patients in various nursing units and during home visits. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver professional and safe patient care, involving nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care across the healthcare continuum, including families. You will manage patients with various medical cases and ensure the highest standards of care.
As a Registered Nurse, your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing patient assessments using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific techniques.
- Analyzing assessment data, deriving nursing interventions, setting priorities, formulating a plan of care, implementing and evaluating outcomes.
- Documenting all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treating patients and families with care and respect while maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Involving patients, significant others, and healthcare providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborating with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences.
- Attending home care visits as scheduled during on-call shifts.
- Recognizing subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrating required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implementing and monitoring infection control measures.
- Applying safety measures related to patient care.
- Operating unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensuring the availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for patient care.
- Being accountable for the use of patients’ and the clinic’s resources.
- Performing clerical duties as needed.
- Providing basic life support when necessary.
- Administering medications, monitoring effects, and intervening appropriately.
- Ensuring patients receive appropriate nutrition.
- Managing patients with infectious diseases, including pediatric patients.
- Traveling to patients’ homes to deliver care as required.
- Strictly following clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Providing emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assessing patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Leading/encouraging a multidisciplinary approach for patient discharge.
- Developing and implementing teaching plans utilizing patient education materials.
- Documenting patient and family education.
- Participating in voluntary community health activities.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
At EHA Clinics, we value professional development and expect all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date. Continuing professional development (CPD) is essential, and you are encouraged to learn and grow throughout your career. The professional body relating to your specialty will provide guidance on CPD requirements.
Key Areas of Note:
- Ensuring continuing education and training to meet clinical governance guidelines.
- Staying up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice.
- Performing research and analysis tasks related to clinical care and medical treatment.
- Auditing clinical practice and reviewing relevant literature.
- Researching unusual symptoms and treatment options through consultations with medical specialists.
- Providing literature reviews and analysis of diagnostic test results.
To qualify for the position of Registered Nurse, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing college or university, with high distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Current clinical experience in direct patient care, with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the last 3 years.
- At least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre, or International hospital.
- Valid nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Humane, empathetic, and supportive bedside manner.
- Leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Problem-solving and initiative.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care, including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement, etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients before transport to a higher level of care.
The work environment at EHA Clinics is usually moderate in terms of noise level but may become louder during group discussions or activities. We maintain a tobacco-free environment, and reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.
We strongly believe in our mission and core values, and our teams are most successful when they share this belief.
Salary offers at EHA Clinics are based on years of experience and demonstrable skills. Initial offers typically start in the lower-mid range, with further salary increases and career progression based on performance.
Salary: N1,937,381.41 – N3,835,882.67 Annually.
In addition to the salary, the following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare coverage: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to four (4) children under 21 years of age, or dependent parents (a total of 6 enrollees, including the primary). Supplemental health care coverage is also provided, up to a cumulative maximum of N3,000,000 per household in any twelve (12) calendar months.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members, with coverage effective upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics offers Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for employees, with coverage for accidental death and dismemberment.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory contribution of 8%.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave based on a full-time work schedule.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and qualified for the position of Registered Nurse at EHA Clinics, please CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline: Not Specified