The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a non-profit organization committed to promoting sustainable agricultural solutions.
IFDC’s mission is to attain optimal soil health, enhance food security, and uplift livelihoods in the areas of its operation. This goal is pursued through diligent research, market systems development, and fostering strategic partnerships.
Aside from Nigeria, IFDC maintains a presence in various other countries across Africa and Asia, with its headquarters based in the USA.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity and are looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Job Position: Driver Job ID: 20121110
Job Location: Abuja Office, IFDC Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: 30th July 2023
Reporting to: Admin Officer with a dotted reporting line to Country Security Officer
About the Position:
IFDC Nigeria is actively hiring for a driver position based in the Abuja office, with occasional travel to other states as required. The role may involve working overtime when necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving designated IFDC vehicles, transporting staff to and from project locations, meeting venues, and other necessary destinations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring all vehicle documents are correct and up-to-date.
- Keeping a vehicle logbook to record vehicle movements.
- Regularly maintaining and cleaning assigned vehicles to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensuring vehicles are adequately fueled at all times.
- Adhering to traffic regulations in Nigeria.
- Possessing basic computer literacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Undertaking other assignments as requested by management and the supervisor.
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of a Class C driving license with at least five years of driving experience.
- Ability to read and write fluently in English, with a minimum of an O-Level/WASSCE/NECO/SSCE level certificate.
- Security-conscious, experienced in defensive driving, and knowledgeable about essential security tips.
- Possession of an international driving license.
- Ability to speak and comprehend local languages spoken in project locations, such as Hausa, Fulfulde, Yoruba, or Igbo.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within the country.
- Basic first aid administration skills.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this job position and meet the qualifications, please,
Application Deadline: 24th July, 2023.