The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), National Population Commission (NPC), and UNICEF have announced a new partnership aimed at enhancing birth registration in Nigeria.
The National Population Commission NPC will register over 12 million births in 2023, and this will be in support of corps members of the National Youth Service Corp NYSC.
The registration of 12.7 million new births in 2023 will include the issuance of birth certificates that provides the names and nationality of every child in Nigeria under the age of 5, in 21 States in 456 LGAs and 4,978 wards across the country.
Interested applicants are to note that, the application is entirely free of charge and the applicant will be duly paid for work done
So, the e-recruitment registration process of Adhoc staff for digital birth registration is in top gear.
The partnership will see the three organizations collaborate to provide digital birth registration services in 22 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The partnership is a significant step forward in efforts to improve birth registration in Nigeria. Currently, only about 40% of children in Nigeria are registered at birth.
This lack of registration can have a number of negative consequences, including:
- Reduced access to essential services: Children who are not registered at birth often have difficulty accessing essential services such as education, healthcare, and social protection.
- Increased vulnerability to exploitation: Children who are not registered at birth are more vulnerable to exploitation, such as child labor, trafficking, and forced marriage.
- Limited opportunities: Children who are not registered at birth often have limited opportunities for education, employment, and social mobility.
The partnership between UNICEF, NYSC, and NPC is a valuable opportunity to improve birth registration in Nigeria and to ensure that all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Requirement & Qualifications
How The Partnership Will Work
The partnership will work in the following way:
- NYSC will deploy 850 corps members as coordinators and supervisors to oversee the birth registration process.
- NPC will provide training and support for the corps members, as well as recruit ad hoc birth registrars at the ward level.
- UNICEF will provide technical expertise and support for data collection and analysis.
How To Apply for 2023 NPC E-Birth Recruitment
If you are interested as a corp member, log in to https://birthregistrationadhoce-recruitment.com
If you are not an NYSC member, select Start as Adhoc
Interested candidate should,
Click here to Apply https://birthregistrationadhoce-recruitment.com/
Application Deadline Not Specified