Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a legally registered incorporated Trustee, a local not-for-profit, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Monitoring and Evaluation. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
About the Project
- WEWE has been authorized to implement a USAID-funded 10-month nutrition project to improve the nutritional status of 5,000 children under five in 30 Primary Health Centers in FCT.
- Through this project, we want to engage additional talented intelligent Nutrition Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Mathematics and Statistics graduates to provide an opportunity to gain experience working on a USAID-funded project and also experience working in the NGO sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/he will assist to implement and oversee M&E activities, under the guidance of the project manager
- S/he will assist to provide technical direction for documentation of activities on IHP ePlatform and using IHP templates.
- S/he will assist in data collection, input, and analysis
- S/he will assist in reports and ensures results for project activities.
Are you a talented/award-winning Nutrition Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science and Nutrition, Mathematics, and Statistics graduate working in a private local or international firm? with the following:
- A Second Class Upper (2.1) or First Class or Upper Credit in Nutrition Dietetics, Human nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Mathematics and Statistics with a Bachelor’s Degree or High National Diploma with experience using M&E software such as Excel, DHIS2, and other open-source platforms.
- Are you currently working in a private hospital or clinic or Statisticians / Mathematician in private firm?
- Do you have an interest in transferring from working in the private hospital or clinic or Statisticians / Mathematician in private firm to the NGO Sector, where you will gain experience working with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/US Center for Disease Control-funded projects?
- Have you always wanted to work in the humanitarian and development NGO sector instead of private firm?
- Have you applied for an International NGO job and they turned you down because you did not have the relevant NGO experience?
- Then this advert is just for you, you can join the Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organizations (WEWE) trainee program, which can help you gain this experience on a USAID-funded project.
- This will expose you to the humanitarian and development sector which will allow you to apply for future international jobs.
The Benefits of the Trainee position
- Between N100, 000 (Subject to negotiations) monthly to cover transportation costs, meals, incidentals, and an additional 20% of the pension and national health insurance.
- After the training program and the trainee has a successful outcome in a job interview and performance evaluation, trainees are eligible to apply for full-time positions in WEWE subject to vacancies and availability of funds.
- Opportunity for in-house job certificated training(s) on the required position for NGOs including statutory compliance for NGOs, and resource mobilization for NGOs.
- A certificate of completion.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job through the email: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CVs as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for their interest.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which promotes diversity and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability”.
- “WEWE’s organizational culture promotes the principles of safeguarding and high moral values. WEWE’s Safeguarding Policy 2022 promotes an environment where no staff, associates, volunteers, case workers, consultants, board members, and partners engage in a sexual relationship, harass, or exploit anyone under the age of 18 or vulnerable adult, especially our beneficiaries”.
- “WEWE’s organizational culture also has zero tolerance for corrupt practices. Therefore, for any of our job vacancies, we advise that applicants do not offer or accept any request for money, favors, or gifts from anyone to facilitate an employment opportunity with WEWE.
- Applicants found engaging in such practices could jeopardize their chances of being selected. If anyone contacts, you with such an offer please report this immediately to WEWE management on this WhatsApp line 09037811024”.