The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care and Treatment Specialist
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, Care & Treatment
- The Care and Treatment Specialist will provide support for service delivery and the achievement of favorable health outcomes for patients.
- S/he will be responsible for optimal performance across key prevention and treatment indicators as well as other deliverables related to the assigned portfolio.
- S/he will work collaboratively with Care and Treatment Advisor to provide technical support and oversight to supported health facilities tailored to ensure that downstream implementation is in tandem with our collective project goals while also ensuring strict alignment with operational guidelines and policy.
- Supports the STA Care &Treatment in the design, implementation, and monitoring of the HIV/AIDS care and treatment component of the project.
- Support in the achievement of technical and operational deliverables
- Support the provision of clinical quality assurance for the delivery of HAT services across project components.
- Engage with project partners to provide clinical guidance on HIV/AIDS/TB case management.
- Ensure that HIV prevention and treatment activities are culturally appropriate and are carried out with community involvement, using participatory methods
- Conduct post-training follow-up of the trained service providers to provide onsite individualized mentoring support to reinforce skills learned at the initial training.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision visits to facilities to identify gaps in program focus areas service delivery and to rectify them with the help of staff and health officials at the facility, and state level to improve the quality of care.
- In collaboration with the M&E Specialist, facilitate collection of data at baseline and periodic intervals and help to collate, analyze, and interpret the data collected. Help facility staff make decisions for quality improvement based on the data.
- Keep up to date on clinical approaches and programmatic priorities.
- Provide technical assistance to local partner organizations for HAT service delivery, training, quality of care improvement, and other interventions as defined by the project.
- Coordinate community DSD implementation around and within the supported health facilities including community ARV pick-up centers.
- Provide needed technical support and oversight to all volunteers (case managers, CMC, etc) across the supported health facilities.
- Provide support to health facilities to institutionalize the use of data for decision-making across sites including take-off of the daily data review across health facilities.
- Provide needed technical guidance, support, motivation, and drive toward meeting daily, weekly, and monthly targets across key performance indicators.
- Deploy job aids, national guidelines, and IEC materials (as available within the project) to support sites and provide support tailored to promoting the use of these materials to improve the quality of healthcare services delivery.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Medical Degree (MB.BS / MBChB / MD) or B.Sc Nursing
- Possession of MPH is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive clinical experience in HAT service delivery in PEPFAR funded program.
- Good clinical acumen in HIV/AIDS/TB case management with technical experience in HIV prevention, counseling, testing, and PMTCT.
- Familiarity with standard care and treatment guidelines and PEPFAR indicators
- Ability to mentor clinical facility staff on care and treatment approaches.
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write high-quality scientific/management documents.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills in a teamwork environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office for documenting and reporting
- Proficient use of data management and analytic tools.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above to complete the form and submit their CV/resume and cover letter form.