Python is one of the fastest-growing programming languages in the world and it’s an excellent skill for students of all disciplines to add to their skill set. DataCamp would like to help students get started learning this vital technical skill for free.
How to Participate:
- Learning python is for everyone so everyone is eligible – including non-technical disciplines like art, literature, languages, and more.
- Fill out the brief application form here.
- Once you submit the form, you will create your free DataCamp account
- Complete the free Introduction to Python and Introduction to SQL courses to prepare you for the challenge.
- Use your newfound knowledge to complete the 2 challenges and submit your responses!
- There is no cost to participate and your contact information will not be shared with a third party.
for the winner to use towards further learning or formal education
for 5 runners-up to support their education
Applications will be open from September 1, 2022, until March 31, 2023.
The scholarship winner and runners-up will be announced on or around May 1, 2023, and will be directly contacted before this date.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this scholarship
- Currently enrolled in secondary school, post-secondary school, or a postgraduate degree program.
- Please see the terms and conditions for further details and exclusions.
Selecting the Recipients
Winner Selection Criteria:
The entrant who scores the highest in the scholarship challenge will be deemed the winner – please see the scholarship application page for a full breakdown of the marking criteria. In the event of a tie, DataCamp reserves the right to determine a winner based on other criteria, such as XP.