Cohorts 7 is particularly interested in assistive technology solutions targeting children and the elderly. Innovators with solutions targeting other persons are welcome and highly encouraged to apply.
Innovate Now has helped to launch 21 African assistive tech ventures over four acceleration cycles.
African start-ups receive mentorship, learning and expert guidance over a 3-6 month period to create market fit, scalable and investable Assistive Technologies (AT).
Who should apply?
- Innovation-driven startups who are improving access to assistive technology through digital means or offering digital assistive technology solutions across education, healthcare, livelihoods and other sectors.
- Innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers
- Authentic mission-driven founder(s)
- Teams with a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem solving
- Structured and efficient teams (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources)
- Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts in assistive technology and entrepreneurship.
- Access to our growing network of Live Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across East Africa.
- Access to our investor network and investor readiness programs and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT Impact Fund, innovation advisory and investment and Norwegian community of practice.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Access to our global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporations and NGOs.
Application Deadline: 5th January, 2023