At PayPal we are reimagining money, democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to safely connect to their money and to each other.
We are purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the forefront of the digital payments revolution.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery.
You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both, technical skills and business acumen. As a Data Analyst you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of PayPal’s rich data.
In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments business, our site functionality, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend?for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to?construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more.
To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Requirements & Qualification
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
Requirements for Internship Program:
- This is a Summer 2023 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2023 internships are not available.
- Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2023.
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
- Note – This job posting is a general advertisement for all PayPal Summer Software Engineer Internships.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment via HackerRank
- Following the assessment, applicants will hear back from a University Recruiter with next steps.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should,