The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
The scholarship award will be made available to each successful candidate for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum “CGPA equivalent of Second Cless, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit for polytechnics students.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified and successful applicants of Northern States origin who gained admission into 100 level (through JAMB), 200 level (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND programme in the 2020/2021 ( I.e 200L currently ) academic session and have commenced their studies.
Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses ( Science courses, Medical and Allied Health science, Engineering, Education and, technological courses) in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship
• Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
• Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
• Credit in 5 ‘0’level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
• Must be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
• Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic.
- Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and student’s ranking in the selection exercise.
• Any falsification of information at any stage will result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
How To Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send all application documents to [email protected]
- Enter micro soft word or WPS office and make a chart of the the following.
Phone Number =
Gmail address =
Name & Phone Number of Community Leader =
Name of Institution =
Course Of Study & Level =
WAEC Results With Grades =
Then save it as a Document/PDF
- Have your other documents (Waec result, school result, Utme result, Admission letter, Indigene certificate in PDF each)
Enter Your email and make a mail “To” [email protected]
Title should be, Application for Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship.
body of the mail, start with your Name, institution, Course, state and local government, Phone Number, then
Attach Your documents, start with the Pdf you created in Microsoft word or WPS that contains the information above, then add your Waec result and others in PDf format.
Then send and you will receive a mail immediately confirming your application.
( check the attached image for illustration) 👇
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following;
1.(3) passport photographs (each measuring inches x2inches)
2.Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
5.JAMB examination result
6.Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
7.Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
8.Valid Student Identification card
9.WAEC or NECO( senior secondary school examination results)
11.A letter of reference from a Community leader.
12.Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B.
13.Personal Contact details (including email address)
14.Alternative phone numbers
15.Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)
• Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online.
• Incomplete applications will not be processed
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
• Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
For More Information Visit Webpage