Nestle is the world’s largest food and beverage company. We have more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and are present in 187 countries worldwide.
The purpose of Nestle is Enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Driven by our purpose we want to help shape a better world and inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society and ensure our long-term success.
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Intern based at our Sterling Road Locations for the months of May to August 2022.
We are looking for talented undergraduate seniors to join our Manufacturing Operations Management team. This is your opportunity to enter the Nestlé World, gain valuable experience, grow in a vibrant global business environment and achieve your career aspirations. The posting term is for 4 months with the possibility of extending to 8 months depending on performance and project delivery.
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting Engineering career you’ve always wanted.
As a Continuous Improvement Intern will be responsible for driving & sustaining successful change management through identifying waste in bottleneck processes while also developing the capabilities of the factory colleagues in Lean tools, processes, and thinking. You will also:
- Conduct nominal speed studies on batch processes for optimization of processes
- Create, train, coach and sustain key standard routines on bottleneck lines
- Implement & promote active use of the FI accelerators within the factory
- Support for all other Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) pillars, including AM, PM, E&T to drive implementation of World Class Manufacturing through TPM
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualification
As the successful candidate, will be the champion for the brand throughout the organisation so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment.
You will also:
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student pursuing degree in Engineering (Environmental, Food, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical), Food & Nutrition, Food Science, Agriculture, Operations Management (Manufacturing).
- Maintaining a GPA of a minimum 3.0 and above is considered an asset.
- Have strong communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Has knowledge about LEAN and TPM principles
- Self-motivated, results focused, agile, innovative, and intellectually curious.
- Fast learner, and must be comfortable working within a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Open to working in factory and prior Internship or work experience in a LEAN/ TPM factory is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Involvement in extracurricular activities which demonstrate initiative and leadership.
- Have the ability to build great relationships with internal stakeholders from various backgrounds and work collaboratively on multiple projects.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should,