Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes.
For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Officer
Locations: Dutse – Jigawa, Kano and Sokoto
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: WASH Program Manager
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Hygiene Officer (PHP & NFI) who will be working under the leadership and guidance of the WASH Program Manager-RRM with technical support from HOD wash.
- The Research Officer Will be responsible for collection of quantitative and qualitative data, data management, monitoring of data collection and ensuring data quality.
- Follow up with project team to ensure all CATI forms are duly completed and synchronize on Mwater platform.
- Ensure that, the selected enumerators are willing to support the research work in their communities.
- Providing constructive feedback and support to other members within the research team to improve data quality.
- Conduct daily data quality checks on all data submitted/synchronized to ensure conformity with the research need.
- Ensure protection and privacy of all data collected.
- Proactively identify good practices and suggest improvement to the overall data tool.
- Prepare and organise a training to all selected enumerators on Mwater tools.
- Organise and train RRT, health workers from CTC and CTU on wash management of cholera case.
- Ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation by working closely with the responsible person.
- Degree in Statistics, Developmental Studies, Engineering, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Conversant with Mwater app.
- Fluency in Hausa and English (both written and spoken skills).
- High analytical reasoning.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N 281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2021.