Lagos, Nigeria: The Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation (IIF), has announced the second cycle of Project 40at40 to commemorate the first-year anniversary of the IVF grant which was birthed a year ago when its founder Mrs. Ibidunni Olajumoke Ituah-Ighodalo pronounced that her 40th birthday wish was to gift 40 couples with 40 IVF grants.
Ibidunni Ighodalo foundation was founded in 2016 to give couples-in-waiting the chance to become parents, through assisted reproduction, In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and other fertility treatments which resulted in many years of interventions for struggling parents. This initiative took on a new life upon the founder’s demise; her husband, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo decided her wish must be granted. Currently in its second year, this second cycle commencing on Ibidunni’s birthday anniversary – 19th of July 2021 is in fulfillment of this wish.
In collaboration with renowned fertility medical partners, IVF treatments have been administered to beneficiaries of the first cycle, resulting in a number of couples currently undergoing their gestation period.
The Chairman of the foundation, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, stated that the success of the first cycle was made possible by the generous donations and support of well-meaning people, corporations and partners. Ighodalo also made a call for continued support and donations from all and sundry, to enable the foundation carry out this laudable project. Assisted reproduction, In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and other fertility treatments cost in the range of N6.5m, and not many people have the funds to carry out these procedures, which can sometimes require two to three cycles to achieve success.
Adedayo Richards, Executive Secretary of the Foundation, added, ‘Even though not every treatment will result in conception, we are excited with the progress made so far from the first cycle and we are looking forward to working with more couples through their journey to becoming parents.’
The foundation is totally commitment to keeping hope alive, and helping struggling families ease their way into parenthood. Couples needing this intervention can visit the foundation’s website to apply.
Criteria for selection of patients for the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation Infertility Treatment Program
- All applicants must apply by filling the form on the website.
- All applications must be supported by an official means of Identification i.e. a Nigerian passport, driving licence or state ID.
- The names and contact details of two referees who are right standing in the society, must be provided.
- Couples must have been married legally without children for five years and must provide evidence of such.
- Age of the female spouse as at the time of application must be less than 50 years of age.
- Applicants must show evidence of their livelihood confirmed by proof of the occupations and income statement of both partners.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants who fulfil stages 1-6 in the criteria satisfactorily, will then progress to the second stage of the selection process, which involves preliminary baseline investigations, which serves the purpose of detecting any co-existing medical pathology that may be inimical to a successful outcome or put the health of the female at serious risk, in the event pregnancy ensues from a successful outcome
- The preliminary investigations should be funded by the couple, these include:
– Infection screening of spouse
– Hormone profile, serum AMH
– Pelvic ultrasonography
– Hysteroscopy where necessary
– Hysterosalpingography or saline sonohysterogram where necessary.
- The investigations will be conducted at designated IVF centres selected by the Foundation.
- Recent medical reports of the above investigations 1-6 carried out by the couples if within 4 months from any other reputable diagnostic centre or fertility unit will be accepted.
- Recent reports of the above investigations 1-6 carried out by the couples if within 4 months from any other reputable diagnostic centre or fertility unit will be accepted.
- Patients who are found to have co-existing medical disorders that need treatment before proceeding to assisted conception treatment, will be placed on a reserve list and attended to, when treatment of the disorder is satisfactorily completed with evidence from a recognized medical personnel/institute.
- Applicants from out of state will be responsible for the cost of travel and accommodation, and remain in Lagos at their own expense for a prescribed duration during the course of their treatment.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should;
For More Information, Visit Webpage
Watch Video Here