Education in Kwara State faces numerous challenges specifically:
- lack of funding,
- irregular promotion of teachers,
- inadequate classrooms,
- insufficient teaching aids,
- absence of operational vehicles,
- unequal distribution of teaching staff and
- unfavourable learning conditions.
To address these issues, Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has declared a state of emergency in the education sector – calling on relevant stakeholders to define an agenda and program of interventions to make high quality education available and accessible for all.
One of which is the Kwara Education Futures Summit set to hold on the 5th of August, 2021.