Catholic Institute for Development Justice and Peace, is a non governmental organization located at 1 – 3 Cidjap Street, Uwani Enugu. CIDJAP is currently engaging in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families in Udenu, Igbo – Etiti and Isiuzo LGA in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Presidents’ Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care & Support Officer (OVC / HIV)
Location: Obollo Afor, Enugu
Employment Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of technical program activities for community based HIV Care and Support in the 4GATES OVC Program.
- She / he will collaborate closely with the CIDJAP OVC team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community based response to HIV/AIDS towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- The Care and Support Officer (OVC/HIV) will be responsible for working closely with the CIDJAP OVC team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program, focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
- She / he will assist in the strengthening the capacity of Case Managers and PMT in community based HIV response in line with operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- She / he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by AIDS.
- She / he will also support inthe area ofHIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, HIV/TB care and support, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- She / he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviors, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
- She / he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- Provide technical support and ensure program activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers in project communities.
- Work with other project staff to ensure adherence to technical standards, best practices and 4GATES guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Attend all relevant central trainings and HIV CoP meetings organized by 4GATES and submit training reports to Program Manager.
- Step-down all central trainings to Case Manager, PMT and other relevant stakeholders at the LGA and community levels.
- Ensure proper documentation of all program activities implemented including ensuring beneficiaries provided with relevant HIV services are entered into NOMIS.
- Support the formation and regular meeting of beneficiary support groups in project communities.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of Community Volunteers and relevant project staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Work closely with assigned facilities unit and LACA in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND / B.Sc in a relevant Health Degree a plus in a minimum of 2 years technical experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support? Programs.
- Knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult) and experience working with HIV programs.
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th July, 2021.