A legal practitioner, Mr Wale Odusola, has said there are about 3,000 Fulani men taking shelter inside the Okitipupa Army Barrack in the Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State.

 

Odusola stated this barely 24 hours after the state government returned 45 northern youths, who were apprehended by the men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun, to their home towns.

 

Odusola posted his allegation on his Facebook page on Sunday, adding that his independent findings showed that the Fulani men had been given an open land in the barracks to build shelters.

 

The post reads, “I have carried out my independent findings and I find the following as facts and true; that Hausas and Fulanis numbering over 3,000 are occupying the army barracks land and built houses there where they live. That the Fulanis/Hausas that we saw four days ago who were arrested and transported to Akure by Amotekun, didn’t come that day, but have been coming in batches before that day. That as of yesterday (Saturday), another set came and are already in the army barracks.

 

“That the total number of the vehicles that brought them was 31. (One should wonder how come no security agency stopped them on their way). That when they got to Okitipupa, they headed straight to the army barracks, where they are expected to stay for reason best known to those who sent them. That the soldiers at the barracks refused to allow them entry; but later a signal came from above, which directed the C. O. of the barracks to allow them into the barracks. That the time it took for the C. O. to receive the signal caused the said Fulanis/Hausas to stay a long time at the gate of the barracks, and this gave their presence out to people and the chairman of local government and Amotekun were alerted.

 

“By the time the C. O told them to enter the barracks, the Amotekun and local government chairman were already there to question whatever thing was happening there. The soldiers allowed the chairman to question the said strangers and during the interview, they said they belong to a security network and are sent to the barracks to receive training.”

 

The legal practitioner warned the people of the area to be watchful.

 

When contacted, the State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo said, “Well, we’re in a perilious time no doubt; stories will continuee to surface. But in this particular case, I have no details.”

 

Also, the state Commander of Amotekun, Chief Adetunji Adeleye, said the corps would investigate the matter.

 

However, the Public Relations Officer of the 32 Artilery Brigade of the Nigeria Army, Captain Ayorinde Omojokun, said, “It is fake news; we will invite the lawyer to barracks for his source.”

 

Punch


Leave a Reply