The Rivers State University Port Harcourt was established in October, 1980 from the Rivers State College of Science and Technology which was itself established in 1972. It is located at Nkpolu-Oroworukwo in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director – NNPC/SHELL Centre of Excellence (COE) in Marine and Offshore Engineering
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
The NNPC / SHELL Centre of Excellence (COE) in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University is a collaborative effort between the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) with its Joint Venture partners, and the University. it is Shell Intervention Initiative that is aimed at assisting Universities to develop highly qualified manpower for the Marine / Offshore industry.
Candidates for the above position must certify the following requirements:
- The Director of Centre shalt possess a higher degree, preferably a Ph.D. in Marine Engineering or other relevant Engineering disciplines. However, exceptional cases of wide industry experience could suffice for a higher degree.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of any of. these key disciplines of the CENTRE: Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Offshore and Subsea Engineering.
- Be a registered and active member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
- Evidence of computer proficiency is required.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in a reputable Multinational Oil Company, or University teaching experience not below the rank of Senior Lecturer.
Condition of Service
- The Condition of Service is negotiable, in consideration of the prevailing conditions of service in the University system and the Oil and Gas Industry as applicable.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, with the option of renewal based on the performance of the incumbent.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their applications with
detailed Curricula Vitae plus one photocopy each of their certificates and other relevant documents.
All applications should be submitted and addressed to:
Rivers State University,
P.M.B. 5080, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
Note: Applicants should be under 60 years of age on resumption of duty
Application Deadline 13th May, 2021.