The business of Guesthouse is domiciled within the University.
The Guesthouses is located by the Lagoon front. Apart from being the only Guesthouses in the University, it is the only hotel by the Lagoon on the mainland. The Guesthouses is located in a serene environment.
The environment is very secured by the virtue of its location and the Guest houses has a good capacity for outdoor catering.
We have varieties of halls like the Lecture theater and Function room that are well designed to accommodate conferences, seminars training and social activities and many other halls with differs capacities which can be used for marriages, birthday parties etc.we also have open spaces by the Lagoon front that can be used for events.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Akoka, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients Cook food in a timely manner
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed.
- Must have obtained HND,OND,BSC
- Proven work experience as a cook
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry technique
- Must possess 2-4 years working experience in hotel/hospitality industry
- Must reside in Akoka or its premises.
- Good communication – Written and Verbal
- High level of intelligence
- Problem-solving skills is necessary
- Good people management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 6th April, 2021.