African Business Heroes Competition aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists will compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Reward: US $1.5 million Cash Prize
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen.
- The Company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
Benefits and Reward
- Pitch business legends
- Win YOUR share of $1.5 million USD
- Gain global recognition & exposure
- Access mentorship & training
- Get connected with entrepreneurs ecosystem
Method of Application
Please note that at various stages of the application, we require documents to prove your eligibility.
The following steps are to be taken when applying;
- Register an ABH account
- confirm your eligibility
- Complete the application form
- Get a reference
- Send a video of introduction of your firm and colleagues
For more information about ABH, Please Visit The Main Website
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2021