Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), calls for submissions for the ICYF RAMADAN CONTEST.
The Contest is giving the youth yet another good thing to look forward to as we are providing a platform for the youth to show their local customs and traditions in the blessed month of Ramadan.
We are calling upon the youth to express their Ramadan customs and traditions in text, video, and photo formats in an effort to bring us together at a time when we are disconnected in the physical world. Our motive is to promote our cultures and customs through multimedia during Ramadan within the frameworks of the beautiful religion of Islam.
We want you to show us how you spend your time in Ramadan in your community, what you do in preparation for fasting each day and or what you do differently in this holy month within your locality.
BEST PICTURE OR ILLUSTRATION CAPTURING TRADITIONS, CUSTOMS, OR ACTIVITIES DURING RAMADAN (PREFERABLY UNIQUE TO THE CULTURE OR COMMUNITY)
BEST ESSAY ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Traditions, customs, or activities, still practiced in Ramadan, inherited from Islamic heritage.
- How can Ramadan and Islamic Fasting practices help encounter Covid 19.
- With all this new global restrictions and limitation on our daily routines due to Covid 19; How this can affect Ramadan 2021 traditions and/or activities.
MOST CREATIVE SHORT FILMS THAT PROMOTE CULTURE, CUSTOMS, TRADITIONS, AND ACTIVITIES DURING RAMADAN 2021 EXPERIENCE. (PREFERABLY UNIQUE TO THE CULTURE OR COMMUNITY)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATIONS & RULES
- RAMADAN CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL YOUTH, AGED BETWEEN 18-35, OF OIC MEMBER STATES OR CONSIDERED RESIDENT OF MUSLIM MINORITY COUNTRIES.
- PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FREE OF CHARGE.
- SUBMITTED WORKS TO THE CONTEST ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE RETRIEVED.
- ICYF SECRETARIAT SHALL MAKE FINAL DECISIONS WITH REGARDS TO ALL CASES, INCLUDING THOSE NOT SET ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT FORMAT, OR INSIGNIFICANCES RESULTING FROM ITS CONTENT AS WELL AS MAKING CHANGES IN SOME OF THEM.
- COMPLETION OF THE PARTICIPATION APPLICATION FORM MEANS THE PARTICIPANTS’ ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE CONTEST REGULATIONS.
- THE PROCESS OF SENDING FILMS TO THE SECRETARIAT IS ONE-STAGED.
- THE WORKS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED, MODIFIED OR RE-SENT AGAIN.
SHORT FILMS PRODUCED BY MORE THAN ONE DIRECTOR REQUIRE THAT ONE SINGLE INDIVIDUAL REPRESENT THE GROUP.
- WORKS THAT HAVE WON IN ANY OTHER NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS WOULD BE DISQUALIFIED.
- WORKS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH TOGETHER WITH A BRIEF DESCRIPTION/BACKGROUND; INCLUDING THE SITE, CITY, MUNICIPALITY, AND PROVINCE, THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE CAPTURING OF THE PHOTO OR VIDEO.
- THE APPLICANTS FOR CONTEST PARTICIPATION SHOULD FILL OUT A REGISTRATION FORM. THE COMPLETION OF THE FORM MEANS THAT THE PARTICIPANT IS THE OWNER OF THE PICTURE. IF THE CASE WHERE THERE SHOULD BE ANY LEGAL CLAIM AGAINST IT, HE/SHE WILL BEAR FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY. ICYF CARRIES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE RIGHTS REGARDING THE OWNERSHIP OF PICTURES/VIDEOS.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE PHOTO/VIDEO/ESSAY SUBMITTED TO THE CHALLENGE MAY BE USED ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER MEDIA PLATFORMS.
- PARTICIPANTS CAN APPLY IN ALL THREE CATEGORIES AT ONCE BUT THEY WILL NEED TO FILL A NEW APPLICATION FORM FOR EACH CATEGORY.
- ICYF STAFF MEMBERS AND THEIR FIRST DEGREE RELATIVES SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
- ICYF staff members and their first degree relatives submissions will not be evaluated.