Moyosola Olalekan – Our client, a Montessori Preschool located in Lekki, Lagos State is currently recruiting qualified candidates who are reliable, trustworthy, and innovative to join their excellent school in the capacity below:
Job Title: Child Caregiver (Expatriate Asians, Filipinos, etc)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Caregiver will be responsible for planning and follow a daily care schedule with clients, modify care plans as prescribed by medical professionals, and report on any new conditions or needs that may arise.
- To succeed as a Caregiver you should be patient, empathetic, and have strong people skills. You should be observant and committed to making your client feel safe and very comfortable.
- The ideal candidate must also be able to naturally have fun and display an enthusiastic attitude in order to thrive as caregivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Child caregivers look after the basic needs of children, such as dressing, feeding, and supervising their playtime.
- Provide a beneficial learning environment and a safe “home away from home” for little ones.
- Child caregivers’ schedules differ greatly, they must be able to work flexible hours so that parents can drop off and pick up their children before and after work.
- Provide a structured and caring environment where they plan, supervise, and implement a structured learning environment that allows young children to explore their interests.
- Help young children learn through creative group activities; reading, playing with the kids as well as building good manners and social skills.
- Maintain child hygiene, a safe, sanitary, and clean environment for the children under their care; Change diapers of infants or toddlers and assist with potty training.
- Throughout the day as kids play, child caregivers make sure their environment stays neat.
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks. Child caregivers should ensure that the children they take care of have enough to eat.
- Supervise play and rest for healthy psychological development of children and combine playtime with other instructional strategies to aid their development.
- Caregivers would create routines to make sure that children have a balanced amount of physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Caregivers monitor for any safety concerns when children are playing with each other.
- Communicate with staff and parents and carefully watching for any signs of emotional or developmental issues with children.
- Bring to the attention of a child’s parents or the appropriate team leader when they notice something amiss in child development.
- Child caregiver is to create a positive relationship with parents, children, and other staff, and engage in active communication to help keep children safe and make them feel cared for.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Further education may be beneficial.
- Job experience and CPR training may be necessary
- A professional and friendly attitude.
- A willingness to work flexible hours.
- 3 – 5 years Experience.
$700 and above monthly.
Job Title: Montessori Teacher
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Montessori Teacher will be responsible for creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills; Assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating with parents on child / children’s growth, performance, and needs areas from time to time.
- The ideal candidate should possess excellent ability in creating a nurturing and stimulating classroom where every child feels included.
- To be successful as a Montessori Teacher, you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in your Pupils. Outstanding candidates are able to accept failure, learn from their mistakes, and embrace creativity and independence.
- Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establishing rapport and building relationships with pupils based on trust.
- Setting an excellent example for pupils and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitoring and assessing pupils’ progress and writing up reports.
- Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
- Participating in school activities and accompanying pupils on field trips.
- Interviewing and assisting with the training of all new teachers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Montessori and Early Childhood education.
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center.
- Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
- Passionate about alternative education.
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
How to Apply
Application Deadline 7th April, 2021.