The Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development has inform members of the public that the 10 grant aided government schools where the use of hijaab is disputed will remain shut until a later date.
In a statement made available to media by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, listed the schools to include:
- C&S College Sabo Oke,
- ST. Anthony College, Offa Road,
- ECWA School, Oja Iya,
- Surulere Baptist Secondary School,
- Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam,
- CAC Secondary School Asa Dam road,
- St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo Oke,
- St. John School Maraba,
- St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale, and
- St. James Secondary School Maraba.
This decision has been taken for safety reasons.
Recalled Baptist Church Surulere Ilorin and some Churches challenged Kwara government for the approval of Hijab and promise to reject the decision
“The government therefore directs schoolchildren and teachers in the affected schools to remain at home until the contrary is announced. The government remains committed to fairness, pluralism, and respect for the law and rights of every citizen at all times,” the statement said.