We are recruiting:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Akungba-Akoko, Ondo
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the University Library responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of Library services in the University.
- A good Honours degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MLS/MLIS and Ph.D. In Library Science or Library and Information Science and must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic or research Library three (3) of which must have been spent as Deputy Librarian.
- The candidate must be ICT compliant and must have at least eighteen (18) recognised publications in reputable journals or other verifiable/recognised outlets with not more than two (2) of these publications as full length standard and recognised books or chapters In books, all of which must have been published with at least five (5) of these appearing after the last promotion. Six (6) of these publications must have appeared in reputable foreign outlets.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed for a single term of five (5) years.
- He/She must not be more than 60 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
Remuneration and Conditions for Service
- The person appointed shall be placed on the Consolidated University Academic Staff Salary CONUASS 7 and shall enjoy other conditions of service applicable to the position of a Principal Officer of the University.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials.
Detailed curriculum vitae should include:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic / Professional Qualifications obtained with Dates
- List of Scholarly Publications
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present employment indicating current salary.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees who are competent to attest to their academic / professional and personal abilities.
Candidates should request their Referees to forward their reports directly to the University. Applications and Referees’ Reports should be forwarded to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Adekunle Ajasin University,
P.M.B. 001, Akungba-Akoko,
Deadline: October 29, 2020