Total Health Trust Ltd helps make healthcare work in Nigeria. We enable our customers to access affordable, reliable healthcare and we support healthcare providers in their efforts to deliver it. We manage healthcare so that our customers and our partners can thrive.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Underwriter
- The Underwriting Analyst will analyze medical products, concepts and rating techniques.
- The ultimate goal is preparation for accurately quantifying risk and return of prospective and existing business through analyses of trend, claims experience and premium collection, among other factors.
- He /She will work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, collaborating with team members to strengthen bottom line financial results by analyzing and reporting medical insurance policy premiums appropriately.
- THT is looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated analytical skills, a mathematical mind, good communication skills, and strong common sense.. Working with our field staff and customers, you’ll negotiate rates that are profitable and that meet our customer’s financial needs.
- Provides underwriting support for new business and/or renewals, accountings and/or specialized functions.
- Produces timely and accurate quotes, proposals, medium to large case renewals.
- Analyzes input/outputs for reasonability (e.g., manual rates, benefit revisions, recorded claims, premiums, reserves, account structure, etc.).
- Performs risk assessment functions as directed (e.g., claim determination and membership analysis) to set appropriate premium.
- Utilizes rating/financial tools, reference materials, prior carriers data and source systems for premium, membership and claim information.
- Applies underwriting guidelines in qualifying risk of adding new members.
- Requests additional information as necessary and explains needs.
- Maintains integrity of source data and/or accounting data systems.
- Identifies and collects information critical to decision making.
- To assist and train junior underwriter.
- Strong math aptitude is essential.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex information in simplified terms.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Candidate must have at least 1 year experience
- The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Insurance, and/ or Mathematics.
- Microsoft Desktop Tools.
N100,000.00 – N150,000.00 / month.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.
Application Deadline: 20th September, 2020