Company: Olabisi Onabanjo University
Job Location: Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State.
Job title : Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona Professorial Chair in Governance
- The Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona has endowed a Professorial Chair in Governance and domiciled in the Department of Poiltical Science, Faculty of Social Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State Nigeria.
- The aim of the Chair is to enhance the image of the University in the area of Governance. The objectives are to:
- Initiate and execute researches that have the capacity of proffering solutions to contemporary challenges and issues of governance at the local and global levels.
- Promote scholarship, rigorous research activities and opportunities for collaboration with scholars and Institutions committed to issues of governance.
- Serve as springboard far attracting quality staff and students to the Department of Political Science through research output.
- The Olabisi Onabanjo University now invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona Professorial Chair in Governance that will became vacant in November, 2020.
The holder of the Chair shall:
- Submit a report of research activities to be undertaken periodically during the appointment.
- Deliver/organize a lecture/symposium on Governance based on his researches annually.
- Publish research findings in a reputable journal on Governance.
- Submit an annual report.
- Partake in regular Departmental and Faculty academic activities as well as being a member of the University Senate.
- Perform other duties and functions that will enhance the overall aim of the Chair.
- The applicant shall be a Distinguished Professor in any field related to Governance from any recognized Institution anywhere in the world.
- The applicant shall be a Professor of not less than ten (10) years and must not be more than 65 years of age as at the date of appointment.
- The applicant shall demonstrate continuing scholarship and must show evidence of leadership in teaching, research and mentorship,
- The applicant shall have track record and the ability to attract external resources, including research grants.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment is for tow (2) years duration in the first instance and renewable for another term of two (2) years.
- An all-inclusive salary of N12 million per annum.
- Shall be entitled to facilities such as Official Accommodation, Office Space, Official Car, Driver, Personnel and complementing ICT facilities.
- Regular monthly office imprest
- Attendance of at least one International Conference in a year.
- Special allowance for applicants from outside Nigeria.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) typewritten copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname first).
- Date and place of birth.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Present appointment with date and salary.
- Current contact address with telephone numbers and email address.
- Permanent home address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates.
- List of Academic Publications.
- Community service.
- Programme of research activities to be undertaken for the period of appointment including budget for the research with measurable timelines.
- A covering statement of not more than 1,000 words stating your mission and vision if appointed as the Chair of the Oba (DR.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona Professorial Chair in Governance.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar).
All Application with Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded by post and addressed to the:
Olabisi Onabanjo University,
P.M.B. 2002, Ago-Iwoye,
Application Deadline: 16th September, 2020