Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF) is an Non Governmental Organization (NGO) established to support the creation of a fistula-free generation & a society where no woman or girl is left behind. At SFHF, we work with communities to discuss challenges limiting women’s access to healthcare and explore community and health systems level solutions to address those challenges.
We believe that our women and girls should not die from pregnancy or child birth and they should not develop preventable injuries such as obstetric fistula.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Associate, Disability Inclusive Development (Volunteer)
- The role of this position is to support the project goal of ensuring the voice and capacity of women and girls with disabilities are increased for greater inclusion in national and state women’s health programs.
- The Disability Inclusive Development (DID) Volunteer will work under the guidance of the Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation Disability Inclusive Development Focal Person to facilitate and provide assistance for disability inclusive CIWHIN programs across the 3 SFHF’s thematic areas: Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC), Safe Motherhood Strategy (SMS) and Comprehensive Fistula Care (CFC), in accordance with national and donor standards and guidelines.
The Disability Inclusive Development (DID) Volunteer will work closely with SFHF DID focal person in performing the following responsibilities:
- Inclusive Programming: Promote the provision of an environment conducive for Persons with disability to access and benefit from all program activities and interventions such as capacity building, distribution of assistive devices, livelihood supports and support on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH).
- Monitoring and tracking beneficiaries: Identify and document project beneficiaries with special needs through formal standardized and informal assessments. Keep and regularly update a register of Persons with Disabilities in project intervention communities.
- Engagement with Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities and other organization with Person with Disability Closely liaise and engage with the organizations to ensure effective representation and collaboration for an improved disability inclusive SRH for all women in line with CIWHIN project objective (result 3).
- Community Engagement: participate in project community SBCC activities to ensure active participation of PWDs and their mobilization for SRH support (Child birth spacing, Antenatal care and Childbirth services)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills and Abilities
- B.Ed., B Sc. / BA, NCE in Special Education, Special Studies, Health Education or other social science related studies.
- Ability to communicate in sign language (Desired, but not compulsory)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English
- Computer Literate with proficiency in use of MS office packages (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work 2-3 days’ weekly
- Provision of Reasonable Accommodation is available.
- Ability to understand and communicate in Hausa is DESIRED
- Experience working and engaging with rural communities.
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities or a member of organization with persons with disability persons’ organization is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: SFHF will be conducting the interview as the application comes in