Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa
- Experience using user insights to drive product excellence.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting online consumer insights and trends.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience working in the technology industry.
- Marketing experience.
- Knowledge of Google’s products and the technology industry.
- Ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios.
About The Job
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- The Product Marketing Manager will work across several aspects of marketing – go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events and communication, but more specifically across consumer products excellence and user insights.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy. Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
- Work with visiting research teams to help them better understand the market and achieve their objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership, to drive product roadmaps, strategy and execution.
- Understand multiple dashboards, use the data to analyze product health and be able to use that information to influence direction on product and marketing.
- Support product pilots in the market by providing on-the-ground research and marketing support when needed.
How to Apply: Candidates should Click Here to apply online.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
- Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Lagos, Nigeria; Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: Not Specified