Woculus mission is to help professionals and entrepreneurs succeed in a digitalized world. We create content and share resources that professionals and entrepreneurs will find useful in their day to day work as well as in the long-term. Our audience includes students (preparing for the world of work), professionals (working in a corporate environment), freelancers (communicating regularly with professionals), and entrepreneurs (building their businesses).
We focus on providing them with content and resources that are relevant to working in the digital space.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Content and Partnership
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Part Time
- We are looking for a talented writer and individual contributor to oversee our content writing, content calendar, social presence, email marketing programs, and partnerships.
- As our first Head of Content and Partnership, you will be pivotal in shaping how we communicate with our audience.
- You will be responsible for seeking out and developing freelance writers, building relationships, assigning stories, managing deadlines, building brands, performing edits.
You will also be involved in building partnerships to enhance the Woculus brand.
What will your primary responsibilities be:
- Own our blog. We create content to close the gap in online communication and prepare the workforce for the future of communication.
- Create guides for common tools that are relevant to working online successfully
- Develop a content strategy and content calendar for Woculus
- Write 2 to 3 articles per week
- Integrating up-to-date SEO best practices into the marketing strategy
- Work with freelancers for additional content
- Copy editing and quality assurance of content
- Build and engage with our community members
- Manage Woculus social accounts (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Oversee our email marketing efforts for Woculus
- Assist in miscellaneous marketing projects as needed, including creation of newsletters and whitepapers, outbound marketing, product development, customer research, etc
What would make you really stand out:
- Experience in creating B2B content
- Experience in SEO, SMM,
- Experience engaging with a community through email/social
- Proficiency with marketing tools such as Mailchimp and Buffer
- Proficiency with HTML coding (for formatting articles)
- Experience creating graphics using Photoshop, Corel Draw or Canva
- Experience creating explainer videos and content videos.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience in content creation, search engine optimization, and social media marketing
- Loves outreach and relationship building
- Has experience writing in a professional setting
- Can hit tight deadlines and enjoys owning a project from start to finish
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with change
- Can research and learn about technical products quickly and speak to them in a knowledgeable manner
- Is curious, creative and has a great sense of humour
- Understands the Oxford comma and has an opinion on its importance
- Has experience working remotely and communicate well through tools like Slack, Trello, email, and Zoom.
Equipment and office space:
- For this role, you will need to provide your own computer and high-speed internet connection
Benefits & Perks
- Ability to work remotely from wherever you are most productive
- Flexible working hours
Naira 10,000 to 100,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with the following information below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- A cover letter describing your skills, passions, and how you like to work
- Writing samples (at least 3-5 pieces)
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.