The Bible Society of Nigeria was founded on 8th February, 1966 through the pioneering efforts of the late Dr. Francis Ezeogo Akanu Ibiam, the first indigenous Governor of the defunct Eastern Region. Earlier in February, 1965 Dr. Ibiam had initiated a consultation with representatives of most of the Churches [Church organizations] in Nigeria.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: General Secretary/CEO
- In preparation for the retirement of our General Secretary / CEO, The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) is through this internal/external advert searching for a suitable successor who will work with him before his exit from the organisation.
- The Society is a not-for-profit Christian organisation which translates, publishes and distributes the Scriptures.
- It also carries out programs which help people to engage and interact with the Bible.
- The Society raises fund to carry out its activities. The BSN is a member of the United Bible Societies, a global fellowship which operates in over two hundred countries.
- The GS/CEO as the overall executive leader of the Society reports to the Board and therefore, has an overall duty of providing direction, inspiring and sustaining both behavioural and performance standards, fostering unity of purpose among the team members and ensuring overall achievement of the Society’s objectives through a visionary and motivational leadership.
- As the CEO and Scribe of the Board, he or she is the link between the Board and the Management and Staff.
- Providing vision, direction for the Society and leadership for the management and staff.
- Convening Board and National Executive Committee (NEC) Meetings in consultation with the President and ensuring proper recording of the minutes.
- Initiating new policies, reviewing existing ones and executing policies as stipulated by the Board.
- Ensuring the availability of Scriptures from time-to-time.
- Motivating the workforce of the Society in a way that they can perform exceptionally to move the Society to greater heights.
- Safeguarding the financial position of the Society to ensure continuity 0 Relating with local and international stakeholders in a godly and productive manner.
- Strategic leadership and analytical skills.
- Spiritual, mental and moral maturity
- Proficient use of the computer
- Good command of the English Language and sound communication skills.
- High level of social and public relations skills
- General local and international business and organisational knowledge.
- Ability to relate internationally with multicultural competences across social strata.
- Must have at least a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree and membership of at least two chartered and recognized professional bodies.
- Must have at least ten years of c-suite or business leadership experience.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Employment Form below, complete it and submit with your Application, Curriculum Vitae and copies of your Credentials to:
The Bible Society of Nigeria,
4 Commonwealth Avenue,
Palmgrove Estate, llupeju,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications submitted later than the above deadline will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: 5th October, 2020