Bancorp Consulting Limited is a Management and Capacity Building company providing training, consulting , and outsourcing services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Locations: Delta, Edo, Kano, Rivers
- The facilities manager will oversee all building and grounds maintenance for the organization. They will be responsible for ensuring the facilities are safe, up to code, and fully operational.
- The facilities manager will also be responsible for managing contractors, training new employees, and working with third-party vendors.
- This is a diverse field with a range of responsibilities, which are dependent on the structure of the organization.
- You’ll be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly concerning the buildings and premises. Areas of responsibility include:
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Health and safety
- Procurement and contract management
- Space management
- Utilities and communications infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity, etc.) and refurbishments
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, etc.) and external contractors
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Negotiating bids and contracts for third party workers
- Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Direct, coordinate, and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal, and recycling
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Maintaining a safe work environment for all employee
- Coordinating site safety programs
- Managing all vendor contracts
- Planning building maintenance and operational programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Business Management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage.
- Certification in facilities management/ Administration a plus.
- Proven experience in maintenance supervision or related field.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift to 25 to 30 pounds.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
- Interpersonal, relationship-building, and networking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Procurement and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask and priorities workload.
- Confident decision making.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Positive attitude and be a problem-solver.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Time management skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to details.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to draw information from various sources, including people.
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- IT skills
- A practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work
What to Expect:
- You may be required to work at different premises
- Long-term projects may demand flexibility or relocation
- The work can be pressured at times, particularly when working to tight budgets or when emergencies arise
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following information below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- An updated copy of your CV
- A cover letter
- Any form of identification i.e. driver’s license, international passport, national ID or voters’ card.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2020.