DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DEDA hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world.
We are recruiting:
1). Housekeeping Manager
Summary: Leads and supervises housekeeping staff to ensure suites and public areas are clean and serviced. Follows all operating procedures, safety regulations and Stratosphere policies and procedures. Assists the executive housekeeper as needed.
Room attendants and cleaning staff, checking that rooms are cleaned to a high standard.
- drawing up a shift rota for staff
- hiring and training new employees
- stocktaking and ordering cleaning equipment, linen and room supplies
- checking for faults or damage and arranging repairs and routine maintenance work by liaising with facility Officer.
- managing budgets and controlling costs
- making sure staff work to health and safety rules
- helping room attendants clean rooms during busy times
- Develops and executes an inspection program to ensure the maintenance of the guest room areas, room cleanliness, sanitation and standards.
- Minimum 5years experience in housekeeping supervisory role preferably in a hotel, or a hospital.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of biohazard clean-up procedures
- Effective leadership skills
2). National/Continental Cook
- The ideal candidate must be well experienced practically in Local Nigerian dishes as well as Continental cuisine.
- Must have experience in meal planning and organization.
- Must be able to produce food preparation recipes as well as ensuring consistency in food taste and presentation.
- Must have experience in Food dressing and presentation.
- Must be able to train other cooks in food preparation.
- Must be able stylish in food preparation and presentation.
- Knowledgeable in Food Hygiene.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client.
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests.
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Manages other employees in the kitchen.
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs.
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference.
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process.
- Devises new recipes.
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation.
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases.
- Must be able to come up with strategies to curb wastage.
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience.
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins.
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours.
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service.
- Minimum of O’Level Certificate.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/ under pressure.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience as a cook.
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be able to make varieties of continental dishes. This will be practically tested.
- Must have worked in at least a 4 star hotel.
How to Apply:
Send detailed CV which must include 2 referees (phone number, full work address and email address) of either current or past employer of a job in which you served for a minimum of 2years to: [email protected]
Note: This job requires night shift.
Application Deadline: 22nd September, 2020